Thursday 29 January 2015

Unleash the MDF !

Frustration rife in the studio today, I have come to the conclusion I just need a bigger surface to work on, it feels like painting on a postage stamp!! 50x30cm just isn't big enough, Im bursting to go large! Sketches on the boards, although painful, is forcing me to think about style and how my energy gets translated. Figurative, abstract, oil or acrylic these are the questions to be faced before letting rip on my awaiting canvases.  

Landscape artists under the microscope for me: John Virtue, Constable, Len Tabner, Kyffin Williams, local Fen artist Frank Ingrams, JMW Turner and the Canadian Group of 7. Research into their style,compositions, how did they develop their careers,who influenced them and what can I learn from them and build into my work. 
If you're interested check out my Research tab - currently WIP!  

Dans le studio

MDF sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment