Sunday 13 March 2016

Ideas to Form VII - Let the final piece begin



Unwrapping the 
1000 x 1000mm perspex
Faced with a meter square piece of clear pristine perspex I needed to place the first mark.... bit nerve wracking but getting into the zone, music filling the studio I went for it! It was important the paint flowed freely and reflected the energy I let loose. It has been interesting building the colour working backwards as what the viewer will see will be the image from the other side of the perspex. 



I soon realised that my research and practicing were a great investment of time as I knew which colours I wanted to layer next to each other to achieve the impact I was after. What was most satisfying was my Jackson Pollock splattering - I have to own up to hitting the computer in the room and some of the walls needed a wipe down!







I wanted to make sure there was plenty of interesting areas across the image so I made marks wth the end of my paintbrush that could then be over painted with a contrasting colour. Spray paint has added a further dimension allowing me to add depth to the colour and allowing me to block light (achieved specifically with the silver spray paint). 

I loved the sessions working on this piece, fun and liberating.. thats what I adore about abstract - your instinct and mind take over and things just happen. Almost finished but you have only viewed the painting from the painted side so far.......


No comments:

Post a Comment