Monday 14 December 2015

Drawing - Textural experimentation

White emulsion paint, watercolour paper, instruments to mark make & soft charcoal




Really enjoyed this technique. It felt slightly Jackson Pollockish!  Total freedom of movement, yes I could go mad with the looseness and randomness of markmaking.Played with textures by splattering large quanities of paint on the paper. Once it dried, smearing, rubbing in and rubbing out the black charcoal. Really allowed you to highlight certain areas, this is when you could start to build the image. Layering and rubbing out.


Whats next?  I plan to experiment on canvas and go large! – will need to place a block under the canvas to prevent stretching but Im interested how if I load the canvas with thick paint I can use various implements to create a variety of marks, with the intention of making the final drawing even more interesting.I think Im going to need vast quantities of charcoal :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment