Tuesday 10 March 2015

Busy day at the office!!

All you need is paint, a load of rollers and brushes, a cheese sandwich, sunshine and good music. Mix together and hey presto the beginnings  of  a painting. Interesting using different ground colours makes quite a difference to the depth of colour. My rather Rothko esk painting (no I've not gone all religious!!) really gained some depth using a red oxide ground - think I need to get some more layers down to really get a deep velvety finish. This Stage I painting (shown) is destined for an experimentation with a floating horizon ….. Stage II tomorrow , to drip to not to drip that is the question.


Stage I

On the vertical ! 
Is this a Barnett Newman I hear you asking ?







1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love it Sal! But looking at the layers and lines you've got going in there I would say don't drip...just my preference though :p

    Sanjay

    ReplyDelete