Monday 23 March 2015

Not quite a Banksy !!

When it was suggested the walls of the art school could be my canvas I have to admit my initial reaction was ' are you really sure?'  What a liberating week, not only have I created  a 8 meter long 'Horizon' down the corridor but its been fab working so publicly and getting to meet so many other students who were genuinely interested in what I was up to! I have to say it's a very busy corridor! 
So my drawing is complete, I was interested how my titanium white line was going to work visually. It narrows in the middle to draw you visually into the image, but being in a corridor you look along it rather than face on. The visual effect still draws you into the centre of the piece but then takes you along and away - infinity!!  Have to say Im rather pleased with it . The true test of whether people like it or not will be how long it lasts before someone whitewashes over it !


The base coat
Preparing for the cobalt teal layer

'Infinity'  -  The finished article
View down to reception
View from Reception

No comments:

Post a Comment