Monday 9 March 2015

James Turrell - Installation

wow…. mind blowing or what!!



' First of all, I am not dealing with an object. The object is perception itself. Secondly, I am not dealing with an image, because I want to avoid any associative symbolic thought. Thirdly, I am not dealing with a special purpose or focal point, either. With no object, image, or purpose, what are you looking at? You are looking at yourself looking.'
                                                                      James Turrell

This is someone who inspires me, most famous for his 'sky domes' and his magnificent and colossal 'Roden project', yes he is excavating an extinct volcano in the Arizonan desert to create the largest ever work of art in the US.  http://rodencrater.com/about



No comments:

Post a Comment