Wednesday 18 November 2015

Its more than a painting....

Taking inspiration from James Turrells light installations (Im feeling ambitious) I want to exhibit more than just a painting at my first public exhibition. My ambition is to create a calm contemplative environment in which to view my artwork. So... I plan to install a false wall in the cloakroom on which my painting will be hung and position some hidden fibre optic lighting which will illuminate a length of the original tiled wall to the left and behind the painting, (using Lee theatrical theatre gel - Ultimate Violet). This gel will also be placed in the fixed lighting on the ceiling to create a soft light., removing the harsh white light. All windows in the room (of which there are many!) will be blacked out to prevent any other conflicting light pollution. I plan to position 1 LED spotlight to illuminate the painting to add the impact Im striving for.
The Space
False wall will stand infront of the fixed cupboard

'Stage Electrics'
Theatrical supplier of lighting gels

False wall in the making

No comments:

Post a Comment